Discipline: Miscellaneous opportunities
Start Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
To provide quality Cost Engineering services to the London based clients Projects & Engineering team.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
• Provide Cost Engineering services to the Projects and Engineering team ensuring that the cost projections and phasing are aligned with updated schedules.
• Ensure high quality cost reports are produced at a frequency agreed with the Project Leads (to include Forecast Costs, Value of Work Done and Commitments against approved budgets).
• Provide Value of Work Done and Earned Value assessments.
• Analyse contractor reports.
• Monitor actual spend against budgets, analyse deviations and recommend remedial actions. Prepare agenda items for cost review meetings.
• Monitor contract expenditure and forecast against approved contract values.
• Assist in coding of requisitions in line with approved project budgets and Work Breakdown Structure coding.
• Undertake Cost Risk Analysis to feed overall Risk Matrices.
• Maintain historical records and data against which trends may be measured and estimates developed.
• Initiate the development and use of improved tools and methods for project cost administration and control.
• Support preparation of progress reports and dashboards for both internal and external stakeholders.
• Support the Project Services Manager by providing inputs to the Business Unit ‘Annual Work Programme and Budget cycle’ for Projects and Engineering.
• Provide the required OOSys cost input to the Tullow Insurance team for engagement with CAR Loss Adjuster and underwriters.
• Provide the OOSys CAR Loss Adjuster with requested personnel/cost information relating to the TRP claim.
• Degree or equivalent experience
• At least 10 years of experience in the offshore oil industry, working for both Contractor and Operator.
• Knowledge and application of Cost and Planning Engineering principles.
• Knowledge of design and implementation of projects in the offshore oil and gas industry.
• Good knowledge of cost management and reporting systems together with ability to consolidate data from a number of sources for overall presentation.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SAP is a must have;
• Confident user of other Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Great attention to detail.
• Receptive to handling a variety of tasks.
• Provide timely constructive challenge and feedback.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Able to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to work under own initiative.
• Adopt a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach.
• Open, honest & reliable.